Webelos II Den
Please log in by clicking on the black-and-white Cub Scouts Badge at the top of the page to see Den events and meeting dates.
Webelos II Information
As with all Cub Scout ranks, you must first earn the Bobcat Badge to be eligible to work for this award. Also, your Webelos Den Leader will now sign off your activities (your parent or guardian does not sign off the activities as they did when you were a Wolf or Bear).
Arrow of Light Requirements
- Be active in your Webelos den for at least 6 months since completing the fourth grade (or for at least six months since becoming 10 years old), and earn the Webelos badge.
- Show your knowledge of the requirements to become a Boy Scout by doing all of these
- Repeat from memory and explain in your own words the Scout Oath or Promise and the 12 points of the Scout Law. Tell how you have practiced them in your everyday life.
- Give and explain the Scout motto, slogan, sign, salute, and handshake.
- Understand the significance of the Scout badge. Know its parts and tell what each stands for.
- Tell how a Boy Scout uniform is different from a Webelos Scout uniform.
- Tie the joining knot (square knot).
- Earn five more activity badges in addition to the three you already earned for the Webelos badge. The total of eight activity badges must include
- Fitness (already earned for the Webelos badge)
- At least one from the Outdoor Group
- At least one from the Mental Skills Group
- At least one from the Technology Group
- Two more of your choice
- With your Webelos den, visit at least one Boy Scout troop meeting and one Boy Scout-oriented outdoor activity.
- Participate in a Webelos overnight campout or day hike.
- After you have completed all five of the above requirements and after a talk with your Webelos Den leader, arrange to visit, with your parent or guardian, a meeting of a Boy Scout troop you think you might like to join. Have a conference with the Scoutmaster. Complete and turn in a "Join Boy Scouting" application to the Scoutmaster during the conference.
Compass Badge and Compass Points
After you have earned your Webelos Badge and you are working toward your Arrow of Light you may continue to earn compass points. The compass badge is awarded after you earn seven Webelos activity badges, four more in addition to the three you earned for the Webelos badge. Wear your compass points emblem attached to the button on the right pocket of the Webelos uniform shirt.
After you earn the compass points emblem, you'll receive a metal compass point for each four additional activity badges you earn. Pin these compass points on the emblem in the "E," "W," or "S" positions, in any order you choose. You can earn the emblem and all three compass points by completing 19 activity badges, including the three required for the Webelos Badge.